Rules for the 2.5 inch MONTHLY STRIP EXCHANGE
See the pages section of this blog for a permanent post of this information.
Lots of quilters voted for this idea at the October meeting. This replaces the Birthday Fat Quarter Club. The more quilters who participate, the more fun it will be.
Here are the rules:
· No monthly commitment, no sign up sheet.
· Quilt shop quality fabric, clean and pressed
· 2 ½” strips by WOF (width of fabric)
· Put 5 strips in a baggie with your name on it. The strips don’t have to be the same fabric, just the correct monthly theme.
· Drop off the baggy when you arrive at the guild meeting on the table by the front door.
· During the break, take a different baggy than the one you brought.
· If you want to exchange more than one baggy, great! Bring 3, take 3, etc.
· If you really want to get rid of those leftover strips from completed projects, you can also contribute extra strips, not in a baggy. These strips will be used in donation quilts, if enough are donated. This is a great way to bust your stash.
Here are the monthly themes:
January - - White
February --- RED
March - - - Green
April - - - Pastels
May - - - Floral
June - - - light batiks
July - - - Patriotic colors
August - - - SUMMER, BEACH, WATER
September - - - Dark batiks
October - - - Halloween fabrics or colors
November - - - Thanksgiving or Fall colors
December - - - Christmas
In the event that a meeting is cancelled...... bring your strips in to the following monthly meeting and they can be exchanged then.