In early summer of 2011, the Evening Star Quilters were given a challenge. The rules were:
- The quilt had to be a completed (quilted and bound) 25" square quilt including a quilt label.
- You could only use a total of 2 fabrics ‐ the fat quarter given and an additional fabric of your choosing.
- You could have it quilted by another quilter if you'd like. You had to give credit on the quilt label for the quilter.
- You were welcome to embellish the piece. You could use
ribbons, beads, buttons, decorative threads, etc. Ribbons
could not be used as a third fabric.
- You could make your piece using any method of quilting you
like. Applique, piecing, foundation piecing, fussy cutting,
Everyone participating in the challenge was given a fat quarter from the same bolt of fabric.
At the December 2011 meeting the quilts were revealed. They were gorgeous, and everyone deserved to be called a winner!
Guild members voted for their favorite quilts, and the following ladies won Viewer’s Choice:
1st place: Shirley Miles 2nd place: Mary Seymour
Great job, everyone! And what fun we had!