Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Grosse Pointe Farms: Free lecture by Ami Simms Feb. 16, 2012

Ami Simms will be presenting a free lecture called "Quilting & Caring: The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative" at Christ Church (61 Grosse Pointe Boulevard, Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236) on Thursday, February 16th at 6:30 p.m. It is open to the public.

From Ami:
“Statistically, one in three people know someone with Alzheimer's. For one in 10, that person is a caring for someone with Alzheimer's. Because I tell the story of my caregiving and advocacy experience through quilts, I think this presentation would be of interest to you. There will be a question and answer time at the end, and I will be bringing small format art quilts to sell. All profits fund Alzheimer's research.

The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative is an all-volunteer national charity. Working with quilters throughout the US, we have raised more than $690,000 for Alzheimer's research. I am a quilter. My mother had Alzheimer's.”

No comments:

Post a Comment